Paup Coaching Fund Application
November 10, 2012
Criteria for Awards & Application Procedures for the Donald C. Paup Coaching Fund Criteria for Awards
The Donald C. Paup Coaching Fund (“Paup Fund”) has been set up to support the education, development, and certification of coaches resident in the Northeast, which includes the 13 states from Virginia to Maine, including the District of Columbia. Awards can be made to support coaching activities (e.g., to the host club to defray the costs of a coaching clinic), or to individuals (e.g., to defray certification costs).
In order for a coaching activity to receive support, it must be an activity approved in advance by the Northeast Badminton Association (NEBA) Paup Fund Committee as eligible for support. Appropriate activities include coaching clinics, coaching certification activities and other coaching education efforts. The impact of the activity in terms of coaches and/or players who will benefit from the funding will be considered in determining awards.
In order for an individual to receive support, an application will be evaluated taking into account the following criteria:
• Commitment to coaching badminton
• Projected benefit of the award in terms of coaching impact on the badminton community
• Expertise as a badminton player and/or coach
• Exemplary sportsmanship attitude – should be a positive role model
• Participation in an eligible coaching activity
• Financial need
• Permanent resident of the Northeast Region
Applications for funding should be submitted by the organizer of a coaching activity or by individual coaches to the Fund Chairperson and should include:
• Event or activity for which funding request is made, including details of the activity (location, timing, etc)
• Funding level requested, and intended use for funds
• Demonstration of need for funding (e.g., costs associated with the event, financial need for assistance, etc)
• For individuals, personal background relevant to coaching, including coaching experience and current coaching activities (including an explanation of who has been and will be coached by the applicant), and coaching goals
• For individuals, supporting statements by clubs, coaches, parents or players would be welcome, as well as any indications of recognition of the coach (e.g. awards)
The Committee will consist of at least two persons from the NEBA badminton community who will be named by the Board of NEBA. The committee can choose to increase the number of committee members and may nominate individuals to serve with the approval of the NEBA Board. The Committee will select its Chairperson from its members.
The initial fund chairperson is Diane Cornell, and she can be reached at email@example.com.